- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.p5VL3RkF.dpuf The Old Lucketts Store Blog: Who's Who...Meet Jenny!

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Who's Who...Meet Jenny!

It's time to meet Jenny and her husband Vassillis from The Fickle Flea on the second floor of The Old Lucketts Store!

Jenny always brings us fun treasures, from old phones & typewriters, books & records, furniture, trunks & luggage, pottery, you name it.  If it's colorful and fun, she probably has it up on the second floor of the shop!

Here is a little bit more about Jenny and how she got started in her own words...


I caught the junk bug at my neighbor's yard sale when I was about 8 years old, oh SO many years ago. My first bargain! What a thrill! Yep, I still have that cute mid-century figurine I bought for a nickel.

My love affair with all things vintage also evolved from necessity. Twenty plus years ago, blessed to be a stay at home mom with two small boys, but honestly bored and beyond broke; I started doing projects to furnish our first apartment. Refinishing furniture from yard sales and experimenting with thrift shop finds saved my sanity and budget. When we were lucky enough to purchase a home, I had my heart set on a 1920’s bungalow which I filled with color and affordable, refurbished antiques. I decorated and redecorated, and loved every minute of it. Two daughters later, I was still broke and still in desperate need of a creative outlet when I met Lisa (talented Lucketts dealer, code LIS, first floor on your left). Our common joy of “junking” led us to investigate auctions, sell our goodies at flea markets, and eventually to the perfect place for us –Lucketts!

Fast forward about 8 years… here I am with my second husband and fifth child. Lucky, lucky, lucky, me, my husband, Vassilis, loves all the same fun and funky old stuff I do and we share the excitement of finding a great deal and passing it on. That’s why our space is so eclectic. From toys to china to bookends and trunks - from Victorian to Art Deco to Industrial and Cottage; we believe if you love it, it will work in your home and with your other pieces. We adore things that are quirky too; silly things that remind you of your childhood, books with funny titles, unusual art and oddities- one of my favorite items in the shop right now is a lamp completely decoupaged with postage stamps.  I always, always need to have something in our space that elicits a smile.

It’s an absolute delight to meet people at Lucketts who’ve found the perfect thing in our space. Now with our online shop, we’re able to have that same experience with people all over the world!

We are so grateful to Suzanne for letting us continue to bring you a little bit of everything and thankful for each one of our marvelous customers who shop and browse and enjoy it with us!

Jenny V.


Here are some past pics for what Jenny has had in the shop so you can get a sense of her style.


 

 

Photo:  The Fickle Flea
Photo:  The Fickle Flea


Some items currently available in her etsy shop...

Photos:  The Fickle Flea

Jenny's space is on the second floor of The Old Lucketts Store, dealer code VV.
You can also visit Jenny online through her Facebook page and her etsy shop, The Fickle Flea.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments and love to hear your thoughts, ideas, and inspiration. Please leave a comment and share with us!