- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.p5VL3RkF.dpuf The Old Lucketts Store Blog: Spring Market Vendor - Bel Monili

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Spring Market Vendor - Bel Monili


How do creative businesses get started?

Today, we have an interview with Lucy McClure, the owner, artist of Bel Monili by L.Marlane.

Lucy makes jewelry pieces by hand from vintage findings, and her pieces are to die for!  We are so excited that she will be joining us for our Spring Market.

Let's meet Lucy...

My name is Lucy McClure, and I am the owner/artist of Bel Monili by L.Marlane.  I hand-craft jewelry and accessories using vintage and re-purposed materials, including vintage earrings, chain, books, buttons, flowers, and much more. Each item I make is uniquely one of a kind, making it an affordable piece of wearable art.
Photo:  Bel Monili

For my “day job”, I am a speech-language pathologist at a suburban elementary school. I love every minute of my job, and one of the best features is that it allows me the time and availability to indulge my artistic side.

My artistic journey began two years ago in the summer of 2010. My boyfriend was traveling extensively for work, and I was looking to learn some new things. I have always been creative and crafty, so when I noticed a special on classes at a local craft store, I signed up for a few jewelry making sessions. After the first class, I knew that I really had something. I seemed to have a natural knack for the mechanics of jewelry making and (according to the class teacher and several onlookers) a good eye for color and scale. I was hooked instantly, and spent the rest of the summer happily making jewelry for myself and my friends.

Photo:  Bel Monili
I quickly began to receive requests from people to buy my items, which was a welcome bonus to my new found hobby. I got to the point where I had so many interested buyers, I decided to take a friend’s recommendation and apply to be a vendor at a craft show. I had shopped at the I Made It! Markets since their inception, so it seemed like a good place to begin. I applied for the I Made It! Market at the WYEP Rock the Block, and (much to my surprise) I was accepted! From that point on, my jewelry making went from a small side hobby to the full-fledged business it is today.

I am honored to have so many loyal customers and online “fans” who have whole heartedly supported me and my business. It seems like every day my business grows to new heights, be it through retail opportunities, personal acknowledgements, or national shows/events.

I invite you to follow bel monili on Facebook and Pinterest, and subscribe to my blog to keep up on new items, where I’ll be, and what we have going on!


Photo:  Bel Monili

Photo:  Bel Monili

Photo:  Bel Monili
 
Visit Lucy and over 170 of our other favorite vendors at our Spring Market, May 18th & 19th


2 comments:

  1. WATCH OUT........you like to treasure hunt, dig around, sniff out bargains, find awesome items......well we have it all for you ......

    COME TO OUR BOOTH .........The Cinnamon Heart

    Chock filled with antiques, unusual, interesting, vintage toys for men, treasures for women, WE GOT IT ALL

    SEE Y'ALL MAY 18TH & 19TH at LUCKETTS !!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am SO excited to be there...can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments and love to hear your thoughts, ideas, and inspiration. Please leave a comment and share with us!