- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.p5VL3RkF.dpuf The Old Lucketts Store Blog: Stop & smell the coffee and a recipe for fruit humble pie squares

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Stop & smell the coffee and a recipe for fruit humble pie squares


Yes I do agree coffee is a major motivation to wake up every morning. With the nice weather I enjoy my first early morning cup relaxing in the peacefulness on my screened back porch.

Is it me, but it seems the first cup always tastes the best?

Today I'm also sharing a recipe for Market Fruit Crumble Humble Pie Squares.  Everyone loved them last weekend, so I thought I'd share my recipe!


Hey, don't you love the Smeg refrigerator? I'm obsessed!

This weekend I will be serving Counter Culture Farmhouse Blend Iced Coffee. I will achieve this product by using what is called a Japanese method. This is done by brewing a concentrated batch of coffee directly over ice. This allows the aromas of the coffee to pervade through the cup after it is brewed, so your iced coffee can taste very floral, delicate, sweet and milk chocolatey with a lighter thinner body.

Delish.....

Hey, try making these...
Everyone LOVED them last weekend.

Market Fruit Crumble Humble Pie Squares


1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup cold unsalted butter (2 sticks or 8 ounces)
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon salt
Zest and juice of one lemon
4 cups fresh farm market fruit
1/2 cup white sugar
4 teaspoons cornstarch

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch pan.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup sugar, 3 cups flour, and baking powder. Mix in salt and lemon zest. Use a fork or pastry cutter to blend in the butter and egg. Dough will be crumbly. Pat half of dough into the prepared pan.
3. In another bowl, stir together the sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Gently mix in the blueberries. Sprinkle the blueberry mixture evenly over the crust. Crumble remaining dough over the berry layer.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Cool completely before cutting into squares

Super Easy!




Beauty from my garden, shades of pink!

XOXO  

1 comment:

  1. The sign. The sign. Are there posts about it or links to it?

    ReplyDelete

We love comments and love to hear your thoughts, ideas, and inspiration. Please leave a comment and share with us!