- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.p5VL3RkF.dpuf The Old Lucketts Store Blog: Eat your vegetables please {& an iced mocha green monster smoothis recipe}

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Eat your vegetables please {& an iced mocha green monster smoothis recipe}



Today was a very productive day in the kitchen. I find that I am the happiest and most continent working in that spot. Hours pass without me noticing till I look up at the clock and realize I've been at it for some time. 
 
Good stuff.

The summer months at the farmers markets are crazy good. I have been scoring at the Wednesdays Leesburg Market. Beautiful produce, fruit and super nice vendors.

Pickle Me Lovely
Open from 3-6pm and is located at Va. Village Shopping Center, Catoctin Circle.

I have started purchasing my bread from Bonjour La Parisienne. I love it and love its artisan look and taste. Great addition to the Cowbell.

Westmoreland Berry Farm's fruits are so delicious. The strawberries last week melted in your mouth. This week I made a cherry almond coffee cake and black raspberry blueberry jam which I will use as a filling in homemade pop tarts.

Potomac Vegetable Farm offers wonderful organic veggies. This weekend I will be serving up sauteed kale, squash and oregano on the veggies melts, add some mac & cheese and it is a taste sensation.

Also made more tomato jam and pickled up some more veggies. If you know me, you know I love to pickle and make jam. I am going to get my Virginia certification so I sell jars at the trailer, will keep you posted.


Market Bounty
Found this while cruising food blogs, yummy!

Iced Mocha Green Monster Smoothie

This icy drink is a hybrid between an Iced Mocha Coffee and a Green Monster Smoothie.
 
Yield: 2 servings or 3 cups
Ingredients:

    1 cup coffee, room temperature
    1/4 cup almond milk
    1 small handful spinach
    2 tbsp cocoa powder
    3 large Medjool dates, pitted (or sweetener of choice)
    1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
    10 large ice cubes
 
Blend until smooth. Gulp. Cool down. Enjoy summer!
 

Twinkle Bell Secret Dining Fellowship

Don't forget about the July 27th. I have had fantastic response!

The Chef's Table is booked, woot woot!!! but still have seats available.
 
To get in touch with me,
cheryl.615@hotmail.com
call me,304-433-7665
or stop by the Cowbell at Lucketts, Friday, Saturday or Sunday 10am-5pm to sign up.
 
Waiting to hear from you!


XOXO  

1 comment:

  1. I've heard that you can also add eucalyptus leaves for more soothing taste.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments and love to hear your thoughts, ideas, and inspiration. Please leave a comment and share with us!